Monday, January 4, 2010

Gettin' my Martha on!

I attended this  a few months back and was excited to start some sewing of my own. I aimed small, because really, who wants to be defeated by a machine and some fabric and thread. My goal, two sets of bean bags, and some pillows for the kids. I didn't think I could go too wrong sewing 4 straight lines! Amara's gift this christmas to Luke and Liam were bean bags.




She helped sew them, and stuff them. And since I had leftover fabric we decided to make them matching pillows. And when Luke saw the sewing machine he wanted to try it, so we decided to make Amara her own pillow. He was thrilled to be able to push the pedal down while I guided the fabric. He then had fun stuffing the pillow!

I had a RS project from a year ago that I never finished, look and find bags for babies, and I made three of them. Two for gifts and one for Anna.



I really enjoyed sewing these small projects. And I changed one broken needle, and learned to thread the bobbin on my machine! But I must confess, I don't think sewing is really my thing. I'm not a very patient person, and it's hard for me to be so precise. Maybe it was the time of year, or maybe the time of day I was sewing. But I do have plans for a few more things!

3 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Good job, Nicol!!! I am very impressed! Amara will love that memory of sewing with you as well as Luke. What fun!

No Big Dill said...

Oh! And good job on threading your own machine!

Astorga Crew said...

Blogging AND sewing! Freak! You are on a roll:).